Personal data Geertje Cornelis Groendijk
Ancestors (and descendant) of Geertje Cornelis Groendijk
Household of Geertje Cornelis Groendijk
She is married to Jan (John) de Vries on December 7, 1865 at Terschelling, she was 24 years old.
Notes by Geertje Cornelis Groendijk
Timeline Geertje Cornelis Groendijk
Drag the timetable to go back or further in time (or use l and r). Click on the names for more info.
About the surname Groendijk
- Take a look at the information available on Genealogie Online about the surname Groendijk.
- Check the information Open Archives has about Groendijk.
- Check the Wie (onder)zoekt wie? register to see who is (re)searching Groendijk.
Historical context (based on day of marriage December 7, 1865)
- The temperature on December 7, 1865 was about 5.8 °C. The air pressure was 1 kgf/m2 and came mainly from the south east. The airpressure was 77 cm mercury. The atmospheric humidity was 82%. Source: KNMI (weather station Utrecht/The Netherlands)
- 'Koning Willem III' (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1849 till 1890 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as ' Koninkrijk der Nederlanden')
- In The Netherlands , there was from February 1, 1862 to February 10, 1866 the cabinet Thorbecke II, with Mr. J.R. Thorbecke (liberaal) as prime minister.
- In the year 1865: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 4 million citizens.
- American Civil War: four conspirators in the assassination of President Abraham Lincoln are hanged.
- Over two years after the Emancipation Proclamation, slaves in Galveston, Texas, United States, are finally informed of their freedom. The anniversary is still officially celebrated in Texas and 13 other contiguous states as Juneteenth.
- Several U.S. Civil War Confederate veterans form the Ku Klux Klan.