Personal data Jan (John) de Vries
Ancestors (and descendant) of Jan (John) de Vries
Household of Jan (John) de Vries
He is married to Geertje Cornelis Groendijk on December 7, 1865 at Terschelling, he was 24 years old.
Notes by Jan (John) de Vries
Timeline Jan (John) de Vries
Drag the timetable to go back or further in time (or use l and r). Click on the names for more info.
About the surname De Vries
- Take a look at the information available on Genealogie Online about the surname De Vries.
- Check the information Open Archives has about De Vries.
- Check the Wie (onder)zoekt wie? register to see who is (re)searching De Vries.
Historical context (based on day of marriage December 7, 1865)
- The temperature on December 7, 1865 was about 5.8 °C. The air pressure was 1 kgf/m2 and came mainly from the south east. The airpressure was 77 cm mercury. The atmospheric humidity was 82%. Source: KNMI (weather station Utrecht/The Netherlands)
- 'Koning Willem III' (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1849 till 1890 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as ' Koninkrijk der Nederlanden')
- In The Netherlands , there was from February 1, 1862 to February 10, 1866 the cabinet Thorbecke II, with Mr. J.R. Thorbecke (liberaal) as prime minister.
- In the year 1865: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 4 million citizens.
- Restoration Day in the Dominican Republic: The Dominican Republic regains its independence after 4 years of fighting against the Spanish Annexation.
- American Civil War: The Battle of Bentonville begins. By the end of the battle two days later, Confederate forces had retreated from Four Oaks, North Carolina.
- Several U.S. Civil War Confederate veterans form the Ku Klux Klan.