Personal data Jan (John) de Vries
Ancestors (and descendant) of Jan (John) de Vries
Household of Jan (John) de Vries
He is married to Geertje Cornelis Groendijk on December 7, 1865 at Terschelling, he was 24 years old.
Notes by Jan (John) de Vries
Timeline Jan (John) de Vries
Drag the timetable to go back or further in time (or use l and r). Click on the names for more info.
About the surname De Vries
- Take a look at the information available on Genealogie Online about the surname De Vries.
- Check the information Open Archives has about De Vries.
- Check the Wie (onder)zoekt wie? register to see who is (re)searching De Vries.
Historical context (based on day of marriage December 7, 1865)
- The temperature on December 7, 1865 was about 5.8 °C. The air pressure was 1 kgf/m2 and came mainly from the south east. The airpressure was 77 cm mercury. The atmospheric humidity was 82%. Source: KNMI (weather station Utrecht/The Netherlands)
- 'Koning Willem III' (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1849 till 1890 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as ' Koninkrijk der Nederlanden')
- In The Netherlands , there was from February 1, 1862 to February 10, 1866 the cabinet Thorbecke II, with Mr. J.R. Thorbecke (liberaal) as prime minister.
- In the year 1865: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 4 million citizens.
- Union forces under Major General William T. Sherman set the South Carolina State House on fire during the burning of Columbia.
- American Civil War: At Fort Towson in the Oklahoma Territory, Confederate Brigadier General Stand Watie surrenders the last significant rebel army.
- Union cavalry troopers corner and shoot dead John Wilkes Booth, assassin of President Lincoln, in Virginia.