- The temperature on March 4, 1917 was between -3.9 °C and 3.6 °C and averaged -0.4 °C. There was 4.9 hours of sunshine (44%). The average windspeed was 4 Bft (moderate breeze) and was prevailing from the east-southeast. Source: KNMI
- Koningin Wilhelmina (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1890 till 1948 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
- In The Netherlands , there was from August 29, 1913 to September 9, 1918 the cabinet Cort van der Linden, with Mr. P.W.A. Cort van der Linden (liberaal) as prime minister.
- In the year 1917: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 6.5 million citizens.
- March 15 » Tsar Nicholas II of Russia abdicates the Russian throne ending the 304-year Romanov dynasty.
- March 26 » World War I: First Battle of Gaza: British troops are halted after 17,000 Turks block their advance.
- June 5 » World War I: Conscription begins in the United States as "Army registration day".
- June 28 » World War I: Greece joins the Allied powers.
- July 12 » The Bisbee Deportation occurs as vigilantes kidnap and deport nearly 1,300 striking miners and others from Bisbee, Arizona.
- November 26 » The National Hockey League is formed, with the Montreal Canadiens, Montreal Wanderers, Ottawa Senators, Quebec Bulldogs, and Toronto Arenas as its first teams.
Tip: herlaad deze pagina voor een nieuwe selectie van gebeurtenissen vanuit Wikipedia.
The publication Stamboom Van de Ven
has been compiled by Geert van Vugt
When copying data from this family tree, please include a reference to the origin:
Geert van Vugt, "Stamboom Van de Ven", database, Genealogy Online (https://www.genealogieonline.nl/stamboom-van-de-ven-orthen/I27868.php : accessed February 8, 2023), "Johannes Marinus Kappen (????-1917)".