- The temperature on May 20, 1898 was about 13.2 °C. The airpressure was 75 cm mercury. The atmospheric humidity was 96%. Source: KNMI
- Koningin Wilhelmina (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1890 till 1948 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
- Regentes Emma (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1890 till 1898 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
- In The Netherlands , there was from July 27, 1897 to August 1, 1901 the cabinet Pierson, with Mr. N.G. Pierson (unie-liberaal) as prime minister.
- In the year 1898: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 5.1 million citizens.
- February 15 » The battleship USSMaine explodes and sinks in Havana harbor in Cuba, killing 274. This event leads the United States to declare war on Spain.
- July 3 » A Spanish squadron, led by Pascual Cervera y Topete, is defeated by an American squadron under William T. Sampson in the Battle of Santiago de Cuba.
- July 8 » The death of crime boss Soapy Smith, killed in the Shootout on Juneau Wharf, releases Skagway, Alaska from his iron grip.
- August 13 » Carl Gustav Witt discovers 433 Eros, the first near-Earth asteroid to be found.
- August 24 » Count Muravyov, Foreign Minister of Russia presents a rescript that convoked the First Hague Peace Conference.
- September 18 » The Fashoda Incident triggers the last war scare between Britain and France.
Tip: herlaad deze pagina voor een nieuwe selectie van gebeurtenissen vanuit Wikipedia.
The publication Stamboom Van de Ven
has been compiled by Geert van Vugt
When copying data from this family tree, please include a reference to the origin:
Geert van Vugt, "Stamboom Van de Ven", database, Genealogy Online (https://www.genealogieonline.nl/stamboom-van-de-ven-orthen/I27783.php : accessed November 28, 2022), "Wilhelmina van den Hurk (± 1875-????)".