- The temperature on August 11, 1914 was between 12.4 °C and 24.7 °C and averaged 18.5 °C. There was 8.8 hours of sunshine (59%). The average windspeed was 2 Bft (weak wind) and was prevailing from the north. Source: KNMI
- Koningin Wilhelmina (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1890 till 1948 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
- In The Netherlands , there was from August 29, 1913 to September 9, 1918 the cabinet Cort van der Linden, with Mr. P.W.A. Cort van der Linden (liberaal) as prime minister.
- In the year 1914: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 6.2 million citizens.
- February 13 » Copyright: In New York City the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers is established to protect the copyrighted musical compositions of its members.
- April 24 » The Franck–Hertz experiment, a pillar of quantum mechanics, is presented to the German Physical Society.
- August 5 » World War I: The German minelayer SSKönigin Luise lays a minefield about 40 miles (64km) off the Thames Estuary (Lowestoft). She is intercepted and sunk by the British light-cruiser HMSAmphion.
- August 15 » World War I: Beginning of the Battle of Cer, the first Allied victory of World War I.
- August 26 » World War I: During the retreat from Mons, the British II Corps commanded by General Sir Horace Smith-Dorrien fought a vigorous and successful defensive action at Le Cateau.
- September 3 » French composer Albéric Magnard is killed defending his estate against invading German soldiers.
Tip: herlaad deze pagina voor een nieuwe selectie van gebeurtenissen vanuit Wikipedia.
The publication Stamboom Van de Ven
has been compiled by Geert van Vugt
When copying data from this family tree, please include a reference to the origin:
Geert van Vugt, "Stamboom Van de Ven", database, Genealogy Online (https://www.genealogieonline.nl/stamboom-van-de-ven-orthen/I27867.php : accessed January 30, 2023), "Marinus Theodorus Kappen (????-1914)".