- The temperature on November 19, 1908 was between 1.7 °C and 8.9 °C and averaged 6.1 °C. There was 8.1 mm of rain. There was 2.0 hours of sunshine (23%). The average windspeed was 4 Bft (moderate breeze) and was prevailing from the west-northwest. Source: KNMI
- Koningin Wilhelmina (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1890 till 1948 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
- In The Netherlands , there was from August 17, 1905 to February 11, 1908 the cabinet De Meester, with Mr. Th. de Meester (unie-liberaal) as prime minister.
- In The Netherlands , there was from February 12, 1908 to August 29, 1913 the cabinet Heemskerk, with Mr. Th. Heemskerk (AR) as prime minister.
- In the year 1908: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 5.7 million citizens.
- July 26 » United States Attorney General Charles Joseph Bonaparte issues an order to immediately staff the Office of the Chief Examiner (later renamed the Federal Bureau of Investigation).
- September 17 » The Wright Flyer flown by Orville Wright, with Lieutenant Thomas Selfridge as passenger, crashes, killing Selfridge, who becomes the first airplane fatality.
- October 6 » The Bosnian crisis erupts when Austria-Hungary formally annexes Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- November 3 » William Howard Taft is elected the 27th President of the United States.
- November 28 » A mine explosion in Marianna, Pennsylvania, kills 154 men, leaving only one survivor.
- December 2 » Puyi becomes Emperor of China at the age of two.
Tip: herlaad deze pagina voor een nieuwe selectie van gebeurtenissen vanuit Wikipedia.
The publication Stam Family
has been compiled by Jessica Stam
When copying data from this family tree, please include a reference to the origin:
Jessica Stam, "Stam Family", database, Genealogy Online (https://www.genealogieonline.nl/stam-family/P28.php : accessed January 31, 2023), "Stanislaus Aloysius Stam (1908-1995)".