- The temperature on December 5, 1896 was about 6.6 °C. The airpressure was 74 cm mercury. The atmospheric humidity was 82%. Source: KNMI
- Koningin Wilhelmina (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1890 till 1948 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
- Regentes Emma (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1890 till 1898 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
- In The Netherlands , there was from May 9, 1894 to July 27, 1897 the cabinet Roëll, with Jonkheer mr. J. Roëll (oud-liberaal) as prime minister.
- In the year 1896: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 5.1 million citizens.
- March 1 » Henri Becquerel discovers radioactive decay.
- April 6 » In Athens, the opening of the first modern Olympic Games is celebrated, 1,500 years after the original games are banned by Roman emperor Theodosius I.
- June 4 » Henry Ford completes the Ford Quadricycle, his first gasoline-powered automobile, and gives it a successful test run.
- June 15 » The deadliest tsunami in Japan's history kills more than 22,000 people.
- September 22 » Queen Victoria surpasses her grandfather King George III as the longest reigning monarch in British history.
- December 17 » Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania's Schenley Park Casino, which was the first multi-purpose arena with the technology to create an artificial ice surface in North America, is destroyed in a fire.
Tip: herlaad deze pagina voor een nieuwe selectie van gebeurtenissen vanuit Wikipedia.
The publication Stam Family
has been compiled by Jessica Stam
When copying data from this family tree, please include a reference to the origin:
Jessica Stam, "Stam Family", database, Genealogy Online (https://www.genealogieonline.nl/stam-family/P128.php : accessed January 27, 2023), "Robert Draycott (1829-1896)".