Timeline Dr. Copius Hoitsema (R.N.L.)
Drag the timetable to go back or further in time (or use l and r). Click on the names for more info.
About the surname Hoitsema
- Take a look at the information available on Genealogie Online about the surname Hoitsema.
- Check the information Open Archives has about Hoitsema.
- Check the Wie (onder)zoekt wie? register to see who is (re)searching Hoitsema.
Historical context (based on day of marriage October 17, 1934)
- The temperature on October 17, 1934 was between 2.8 °C and 10.3 °C and averaged 6.6 °C. There was 11.4 mm of rain during 4.7 hours. There was 1.2 hours of sunshine (11%). The average windspeed was 3 Bft (moderate breeze) and was prevailing from the northwest. Source: KNMI (weather station De Bilt/The Netherlands)
- 'Koningin Wilhelmina' (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1890 till 1948 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as ' Koninkrijk der Nederlanden')
- In The Netherlands , there was from May 26, 1933 to July 31, 1935 the cabinet Colijn II, with Dr. H. Colijn (ARP) as prime minister.
- In the year 1934: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 8 million citizens.
- Oskaloosa, Iowa, becomes the first municipality in the United States to fingerprint all of its citizens.
- Adolf Hitler and Mussolini meet in Venice, Italy; Mussolini later describes the German dictator as "a silly little monkey".
- Leopold III becomes King of Belgium.