- The temperature on October 12, 1770 was about 14.0 °C. Wind direction mainly south-southwest. Weather type: donker betrokken. Source: KNMI
- Erfstadhouder Prins Willem V (Willem Batavus) (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1751 till 1795 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Republiek der Zeven Verenigde Nederlanden)
- In the year 1770: Source: Wikipedia
- March 5 » Boston Massacre: Five Americans, including Crispus Attucks, are fatally shot by British troops in an event that would contribute to the outbreak of the American Revolutionary War (also known as the American War of Independence) five years later.
- April 20 » The Georgian king, Erekle II, abandoned by his Russian ally Count Totleben, wins a victory over Ottoman forces at Aspindza.
- May 26 » The Orlov Revolt, an attempt to revolt against the Ottoman Empire before the Greek War of Independence, ends in disaster for the Greeks.
- June 19 » New Church Day: Emanuel Swedenborg writes: "The Lord sent forth His twelve disciples, who followed Him in the world into the whole spiritual world to preach the Gospel that the Lord God Jesus Christ reign. This took place on the 19th day of June, in the year 1770."
- August 21 » James Cook formally claims eastern Australia for Great Britain, naming it New South Wales.
- November 14 » James Bruce discovers what he believes to be the source of the Nile.
Tip: herlaad deze pagina voor een nieuwe selectie van gebeurtenissen vanuit Wikipedia.
When copying data from this family tree, please include a reference to the origin:
Simon Kooiman, "Stamboom Kooiman - Bruijn - Mantel - de Boer", database, Genealogy Online (https://www.genealogieonline.nl/stamboom-kooiman-bruijn-mantel/I31994.php : accessed December 5, 2021), "Klaas Jacobsz Jonker (± 1744-< 1811)".