- The temperature on February 26, 1893 was about 0.7 °C. The airpressure was 75 cm mercury. The atmospheric humidity was 90%. Source: KNMI
- Koningin Wilhelmina (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1890 till 1948 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
- Regentes Emma (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1890 till 1898 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
- In The Netherlands , there was from August 21, 1891 to May 9, 1894 the cabinet Van Tienhoven, with Mr. G. van Tienhoven (unie-liberaal) as prime minister.
- In the year 1893: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 5.1 million citizens.
- January 6 » The Washington National Cathedral is chartered by Congress. The charter is signed by President Benjamin Harrison.
- July 9 » Daniel Hale Williams, American heart surgeon, performs the first successful open-heart surgery in United States without anesthesia.
- July 22 » Katharine Lee Bates writes "America the Beautiful" after admiring the view from the top of Pikes Peak near Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- September 16 » Settlers make a land run for prime land in the Cherokee Strip in Oklahoma.
- September 19 » In New Zealand, the Electoral Act of 1893 is consented to by the governor, giving all women in New Zealand the right to vote.
- September 20 » Charles Duryea and his brother road-test the first American-made gasoline-powered automobile.
Tip: herlaad deze pagina voor een nieuwe selectie van gebeurtenissen vanuit Wikipedia.
When copying data from this family tree, please include a reference to the origin:
Jan Jaap Schoone, "Schoone-Strijk genealogie", database, Genealogy Online (https://www.genealogieonline.nl/schoone-strijk-genealogie/I19673.php : accessed December 8, 2021), "Jan GROOT (1868-< 1904)".