- The temperature on October 30, 1869 was about 3.7 °C. The air pressure was 1 kgf/m2 and came mainly from the south-southwest. The airpressure was 77 cm mercury. The atmospheric humidity was 93%. Source: KNMI
- Koning Willem III (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1849 till 1890 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
- From June 4, 1868 till January 4, 1871 the Netherlands had a cabinet Van Bosse - Fock with the prime ministers Mr. P.P. van Bosse (liberaal) and Mr. C. Fock (liberaal).
- In the year 1869: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 3.6 million citizens.
- February 5 » The largest alluvial gold nugget in history, called the "Welcome Stranger", is found in Moliagul, Victoria, Australia.
- April 6 » Celluloid is patented.
- April 28 » Chinese and Irish laborers for the Central Pacific Railroad working on the First Transcontinental Railroad lay ten miles of track in one day, a feat which has never been matched.
- October 5 » The Hennepin Island tunnel collapses during construction, nearly destroying St. Anthony Falls.
- November 11 » The Victorian Aboriginal Protection Act is enacted in Australia, giving the government control of indigenous people's wages, their terms of employment, where they could live, and of their children, effectively leading to the Stolen Generations.
- November 17 » In Egypt, the Suez Canal, linking the Mediterranean Sea with the Red Sea, is inaugurated.
Tip: herlaad deze pagina voor een nieuwe selectie van gebeurtenissen vanuit Wikipedia.
When copying data from this family tree, please include a reference to the origin:
Eric W. van der Ent van www.groenegraf.nl, "Voorouders in het Eemland, Stichting Groenegraf.nl", database, Genealogy Online (https://www.genealogieonline.nl/voorouders-in-het-eemland/I2354.php : accessed August 12, 2022), "Aaltje Jansen (1845-????)".