- The temperature on April 15, 1908 was between -0.7 °C and 19.0 °C and averaged 9.5 °C. There was 0.1 mm of rain. There was 7.6 hours of sunshine (55%). The average windspeed was 4 Bft (moderate breeze) and was prevailing from the east-northeast. Source: KNMI
- Koningin Wilhelmina (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1890 till 1948 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
- In The Netherlands , there was from August 17, 1905 to February 11, 1908 the cabinet De Meester, with Mr. Th. de Meester (unie-liberaal) as prime minister.
- In The Netherlands , there was from February 12, 1908 to August 29, 1913 the cabinet Heemskerk, with Mr. Th. Heemskerk (AR) as prime minister.
- In the year 1908: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 5.7 million citizens.
- May 26 » The first major commercial oil strike in the Middle East was made at Masjed Soleyman in southwest Persia. The rights to the resource were quickly acquired by the Anglo-Persian Oil Company.
- July 23 » The Second Constitution accepted by the Ottomans.
- July 26 » United States Attorney General Charles Joseph Bonaparte issues an order to immediately staff the Office of the Chief Examiner (later renamed the Federal Bureau of Investigation).
- September 17 » The Wright Flyer flown by Orville Wright, with Lieutenant Thomas Selfridge as passenger, crashes, killing Selfridge, who becomes the first airplane fatality.
- October 14 » The Chicago Cubs defeat the Detroit Tigers, 2–0, clinching the 1908 World Series; this would be their last until winning the 2016 World Series.
- November 25 » A fire breaks out on SSSardinia as it leaves Malta's Grand Harbour, resulting in the ship's grounding and the deaths of at least 118 people.
Tip: herlaad deze pagina voor een nieuwe selectie van gebeurtenissen vanuit Wikipedia.
The publication Family tree Winkens
has been compiled by Frans Winkens
When copying data from this family tree, please include a reference to the origin:
Frans Winkens, "Family tree Winkens", database, Genealogy Online (https://www.genealogieonline.nl/stamboom-winkens/I2611.php : accessed September 26, 2023), "Maria Wilhelmina Josephine Ritzen (1908-)".