- Gelders Archief
Timeline Hermanus Meurs
Drag the timetable to go back or further in time (or use l and r). Click on the names for more info.
About the surname Meurs
Historical context (based on day of marriage September 2, 1865)
- The temperature on September 2, 1865 was about 19.5 °C. The air pressure was 17 kgf/m2 and came mainly from the west-northwest. The airpressure was 76 cm mercury. The atmospheric humidity was 79%. Source: KNMI (weather station Utrecht/The Netherlands)
- 'Koning Willem III' (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1849 till 1890 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as ' Koninkrijk der Nederlanden')
- In The Netherlands , there was from February 1, 1862 to February 10, 1866 the cabinet Thorbecke II, with Mr. J.R. Thorbecke (liberaal) as prime minister.
- In the year 1865: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 4 million citizens.
- Over two years after the Emancipation Proclamation, slaves in Galveston, Texas, United States, are finally informed of their freedom. The anniversary is still officially celebrated in Texas and 13 other contiguous states as Juneteenth.
- Opening of the Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation, the founding member of the HSBC Group.
- American Civil War: The Siege of Petersburg is broken ? Union troops capture the trenches around Petersburg, Virginia, forcing Confederate General Robert E. Lee to retreat.