- Gelders Archief
Timeline Hermanus Meurs
Drag the timetable to go back or further in time (or use l and r). Click on the names for more info.
About the surname Meurs
Historical context (based on day of marriage September 2, 1865)
- The temperature on September 2, 1865 was about 19.5 °C. The air pressure was 17 kgf/m2 and came mainly from the west-northwest. The airpressure was 76 cm mercury. The atmospheric humidity was 79%. Source: KNMI (weather station Utrecht/The Netherlands)
- 'Koning Willem III' (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1849 till 1890 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as ' Koninkrijk der Nederlanden')
- In The Netherlands , there was from February 1, 1862 to February 10, 1866 the cabinet Thorbecke II, with Mr. J.R. Thorbecke (liberaal) as prime minister.
- In the year 1865: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 4 million citizens.
- American Civil War: Confederate General Joseph E. Johnston surrenders his army to General William Tecumseh Sherman at the Bennett Place near Durham, North Carolina.
- Union forces under Major General William T. Sherman set the South Carolina State House on fire during the burning of Columbia.
- American Civil War: The Congress of the Confederate States of America adjourns for the last time.