Timeline Theodorus van Gemert
Click on the names for more info.
About the surname Van Gemert
- The temperature on December 12, 1879 was about 1.9 °C. The air pressure was 1 kgf/m2 and came mainly from the west. The airpressure was 77 cm mercury. The atmospheric humidity was 93%. Source: KNMI
- Koning Willem III (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1849 till 1890 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
- In The Netherlands , there was from November 3, 1877 to August 20, 1879 the cabinet Kappeijne van de Coppello, with Mr. J. Kappeijne van de Coppello (liberaal) as prime minister.
- In The Netherlands , there was from August 20, 1879 to April 23, 1883 the cabinet Van Lijnden van Sandenburg, with Mr. C.Th. baron Van Lijnden van Sandenburg (conservatief-AR) as prime minister.
- In the year 1879: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 4.0 million citizens.
- January 11 » The Anglo-Zulu War begins.
- January 13 » In Mozart Gardens Brooklyn Ada Anderson completed a great feat of pedestrianism - 2700 quarter miles in 2700 quarter hours, earning her $8000.
- February 8 » The England cricket team led by Lord Harris is attacked in a riot during a match in Sydney.
- March 11 » Shō Tai formally abdicated his position of King of Ryūkyū, under orders from Tokyo, ending the Ryukyu Kingdom.
- May 31 » Gilmore's Garden in New York City is renamed Madison Square Garden by William Henry Vanderbilt and is opened to the public at 26th Street and Madison Avenue.
- October 22 » Using a filament of carbonized thread, Thomas Edison tests the first practical electric incandescent light bulb (it lasts 13⁄2 hours before burning out).
- The temperature on May 4, 1928 was between 8.9 °C and 20.9 °C and averaged 15.0 °C. There was 12.8 hours of sunshine (85%). The average windspeed was 4 Bft (moderate breeze) and was prevailing from the east. Source: KNMI
- Koningin Wilhelmina (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1890 till 1948 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
- In The Netherlands , there was from March 8, 1926 to August 10, 1929 the cabinet De Geer I, with Jonkheer mr. D.J. de Geer (CHU) as prime minister.
- In the year 1928: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 7.6 million citizens.
- January 7 » A disastrous flood of the River Thames kills 14 people and causes extensive damage to much of riverside London.
- April 12 » The Bremen, a German Junkers W 33 type aircraft, takes off for the first successful transatlantic aeroplane flight from east to west.
- June 9 » Charles Kingsford Smith completes the first trans-Pacific flight in a Fokker Trimotor monoplane, the Southern Cross.
- October 22 » Phi Sigma Alpha fraternity is founded at the University of Puerto Rico.
- November 15 » The RNLI lifeboat Mary Stanford capsized in Rye Harbour with the loss of the entire 17-man crew.
- December 17 » Indian revolutionaries Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev Thapar and Shivaram Rajguru assassinate British police officer James Saunders in Lahore, Punjab, to avenge the death of Lala Lajpat Rai at the hands of the police. The three were executed in 1931.
- The temperature on June 9, 1950 was between 8.7 °C and 18.8 °C and averaged 14.8 °C. There was 10.9 hours of sunshine (66%). The average windspeed was 4 Bft (moderate breeze) and was prevailing from the northwest. Source: KNMI
- Koningin Juliana (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from September 4, 1948 till April 30, 1980 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
- From August 7, 1948 till March 15, 1951 the Netherlands had a cabinet Drees - Van Schaik with the prime ministers Dr. W. Drees (PvdA) and Mr. J.R.H. van Schaik (KVP).
- In the year 1950: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 10.0 million citizens.
- July 5 » Korean War: Task Force Smith: American and North Korean forces first clash, in the Battle of Osan.
- July 24 » Cape Canaveral Air Force Station begins operations with the launch of a Bumper rocket.
- October 19 » China defeats the Tibetan Army at Chambo.
- November 1 » Puerto Rican nationalists Griselio Torresola and Oscar Collazo attempt to assassinate US President Harry S. Truman at Blair House.
- November 19 » US General Dwight D. Eisenhower becomes Supreme Commander of NATO-Europe.
- November 21 » Two Canadian National Railway trains collide in northeastern British Columbia in the Canoe River train crash; the death toll is 21, with 17 of them Canadian troops bound for Korea.
The publication Stamboom Van Gemert
has been compiled by Willem van Gemert
When copying data from this family tree, please include a reference to the origin:
Willem van Gemert, "Stamboom Van Gemert", database, Genealogy Online (https://www.genealogieonline.nl/stamboom-van-gemert/I270.php : accessed June 15, 2021), "Theodorus van Gemert (1879-1950)".