- The temperature on May 23, 1924 was between 11.6 °C and 18.2 °C and averaged 15.1 °C. There was 16.0 mm of rain. There was 7.4 hours of sunshine (46%). The average windspeed was 3 Bft (moderate breeze) and was prevailing from the west-southwest. Source: KNMI
- Koningin Wilhelmina (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1890 till 1948 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
- In The Netherlands , there was from September 19, 1922 to August 4, 1925 the cabinet Ruys de Beerenbrouck II, with Jonkheer mr. Ch.J.M. Ruys de Beerenbrouck (RKSP) as prime minister.
- In the year 1924: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 7.2 million citizens.
- March 3 » The 407-year-old Islamic caliphate is abolished, when Caliph Abdülmecid II of the Ottoman Caliphate is deposed. The last remnant of the old regime gives way to the reformed Turkey of Kemal Atatürk.
- April 1 » The Royal Canadian Air Force is formed.
- April 15 » Rand McNally publishes its first road atlas.
- July 11 » Eric Liddell won the gold medal in 400m at the 1924 Paris Olympics, after refusing to run in the heats for 100m, his favoured distance, on the Sunday.
- October 7 » Andreas Michalakopoulos becomes prime minister of Greece for a short period of time.
- December 24 » Albania becomes a republic.
Tip: herlaad deze pagina voor een nieuwe selectie van gebeurtenissen vanuit Wikipedia.
When copying data from this family tree, please include a reference to the origin:
Hans van der Werff, "Stamboom Van der Werff", database, Genealogy Online (https://www.genealogieonline.nl/stamboom-van-der-werff/I4123.php : accessed December 4, 2021), "Stijntje Baukes Brinksma (± 1901-)".