- The temperature on March 16, 1863 was about 5.8 °C. There was 0.4 mm of rain. The air pressure was 0.5 kgf/m2 and came mainly from the north-northeast. The airpressure was 75 cm mercury. The atmospheric humidity was 73%. Source: KNMI
- Koning Willem III (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1849 till 1890 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
- In The Netherlands , there was from February 1, 1862 to February 10, 1866 the cabinet Thorbecke II, with Mr. J.R. Thorbecke (liberaal) as prime minister.
- In the year 1863: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 3.6 million citizens.
- January 26 » American Civil War: General Ambrose Burnside is relieved of command of the Army of the Potomac after the disastrous Fredericksburg campaign. He is replaced by Joseph Hooker.
- May 27 » American Civil War: First Assault on the Confederate works at the Siege of Port Hudson.
- July 4 » American Civil War: The Army of Northern Virginia withdraws from the battlefield after losing the Battle of Gettysburg, signalling an end to the Confederate invasion of U.S. territory.
- July 19 » American Civil War: Morgan's Raid: At Buffington Island in Ohio, Confederate General John Hunt Morgan's raid into the north is mostly thwarted when a large group of his men are captured while trying to escape across the Ohio River.
- November 18 » King Christian IX of Denmark signs the November constitution that declares Schleswig to be part of Denmark. This is seen by the German Confederation as a violation of the London Protocol and leads to the German–Danish war of 1864.
- November 29 » American Civil War: Battle of Fort Sanders: Union forces under Ambrose Burnside successfully defend Knoxville, Tennessee from Confederate forces under James Longstreet.
Tip: herlaad deze pagina voor een nieuwe selectie van gebeurtenissen vanuit Wikipedia.
When copying data from this family tree, please include a reference to the origin:
H.H.A. van den Heurik, "Family tree Van den Heurik", database, Genealogy Online (https://www.genealogieonline.nl/stamboom-van-den-heurik/I000014.php : accessed December 10, 2023), "Hendrik Verheijen (1863-????)".