- The temperature on December 15, 1883 was about 4.8 °C. The air pressure was 12 kgf/m2 and came mainly from the west-southwest. The airpressure was 75 cm mercury. The atmospheric humidity was 80%. Source: KNMI
- Koning Willem III (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1849 till 1890 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
- In The Netherlands , there was from August 20, 1879 to April 23, 1883 the cabinet Van Lijnden van Sandenburg, with Mr. C.Th. baron Van Lijnden van Sandenburg (conservatief-AR) as prime minister.
- In The Netherlands , there was from April 23, 1884 to April 21, 1888 the cabinet Heemskerk, with Mr. J. Heemskerk Azn. (conservatief) as prime minister.
- In the year 1883: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 4.5 million citizens.
- March 28 » Tonkin Campaign: French victory in the Battle of Gia Cuc.
- May 24 » The Brooklyn Bridge in New York City is opened to traffic after 14 years of construction.
- May 30 » In New York City, a stampede on the recently opened Brooklyn Bridge killed twelve people.
- October 4 » First meeting of the Boys' Brigade in Glasgow, Scotland.
- November 9 » The 90th Winnipeg Battalion of Rifles, (later the Royal Winnipeg Rifles) of the Canadian Armed Forces is founded.
- December 16 » Tonkin Campaign: French forces capture the Sơn Tây citadel.
Tip: herlaad deze pagina voor een nieuwe selectie van gebeurtenissen vanuit Wikipedia.
The publication Stamboom Smith
has been compiled by Bob Smith
When copying data from this family tree, please include a reference to the origin:
Bob Smith, "Stamboom Smith", database, Genealogy Online (https://www.genealogieonline.nl/stamboom-smith/I7308.php : accessed November 27, 2021), "Anna Helena Smith (± 1818-1883)".