- The temperature on August 30, 1789 was about 17.0 °C. Wind direction mainly south east. Weather type: omtrent helder. Source: KNMI
- Erfstadhouder Prins Willem V (Willem Batavus) (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1751 till 1795 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Republiek der Zeven Verenigde Nederlanden)
- In the year 1789: Source: Wikipedia
- January 23 » Georgetown College, the first Catholic university in the United States, is founded in Georgetown, Maryland (now a part of Washington, D.C.).
- April 30 » On the balcony of Federal Hall on Wall Street in New York City, George Washington takes the oath of office to become the first elected President of the United States.
- July 10 » Alexander Mackenzie reaches the Mackenzie River delta.
- July 14 » Alexander Mackenzie finally completes his journey to the mouth of the great river he hoped would take him to the Pacific, but which turns out to flow into the Arctic Ocean. Later named after him, the Mackenzie is the second-longest river system in North America.
- September 22 » Battle of Rymnik: Alexander Suvorov's Russian and allied army defeats superior Ottoman Empire forces.
- September 26 » George Washington appoints Thomas Jefferson the first United States Secretary of State.
Tip: herlaad deze pagina voor een nieuwe selectie van gebeurtenissen vanuit Wikipedia.
The publication Stamboom Smith
has been compiled by Bob Smith
When copying data from this family tree, please include a reference to the origin:
Bob Smith, "Stamboom Smith", database, Genealogy Online (https://www.genealogieonline.nl/stamboom-smith/I12990.php : accessed December 8, 2021), "Margaretha Johanna Smith (1789-????)".