- The temperature on September 28, 1888 was about 14.3 °C. The air pressure was 2 kgf/m2 and came mainly from the northeast. The airpressure was 76 cm mercury. The atmospheric humidity was 76%. Source: KNMI
- Koning Willem III (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1849 till 1890 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
- In The Netherlands , there was from April 23, 1884 to April 21, 1888 the cabinet Heemskerk, with Mr. J. Heemskerk Azn. (conservatief) as prime minister.
- In The Netherlands , there was from April 21, 1888 to August 21, 1891 the cabinet Mackay, with Mr. A. baron Mackay (AR) as prime minister.
- In the year 1888: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 4.5 million citizens.
- March 15 » Start of the Anglo-Tibetan War of 1888.
- June 15 » Crown Prince Wilhelm becomes Kaiser Wilhelm II; he will be the last Emperor of the German Empire. Due to the death of his predecessors Wilhelm I and Frederick III, 1888 is the Year of the Three Emperors.
- August 5 » Bertha Benz drives from Mannheim to Pforzheim and back in the first long distance automobile trip, commemorated as the Bertha Benz Memorial Route since 2008.
- August 21 » The first successful adding machine in the United States is patented by William Seward Burroughs.
- August 31 » Mary Ann Nichols is murdered. She is the first of Jack the Ripper's confirmed victims.
- October 17 » Thomas Edison files a patent for the Optical Phonograph (the first movie).
Tip: herlaad deze pagina voor een nieuwe selectie van gebeurtenissen vanuit Wikipedia.
The publication Stamboom Mazenier
has been compiled by A. Mazenier-Kuipers
When copying data from this family tree, please include a reference to the origin:
A. Mazenier-Kuipers, "Stamboom Mazenier", database, Genealogy Online (https://www.genealogieonline.nl/stamboom-mazenier/R4007.php : accessed February 7, 2023), "Maria Ludovica SCHANDEVIJL (1812-1888)".