Personal data Grietje Gelderloos
Ancestors (and descendant) of Grietje Gelderloos
Groninger archief, Geboorteakte: 122
Timeline Grietje Gelderloos
Click on the names for more info.
About the surname Gelderloos
- The temperature on December 23, 1863 was about 8.5 °C. There was 2 mm of rain. The air pressure was 15 kgf/m2 and came mainly from the west-northwest. The airpressure was 76 cm mercury. The atmospheric humidity was 86%. Source: KNMI
- Koning Willem III (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1849 till 1890 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
- In The Netherlands , there was from February 1, 1862 to February 10, 1866 the cabinet Thorbecke II, with Mr. J.R. Thorbecke (liberaal) as prime minister.
- In the year 1863: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 3.6 million citizens.
- January 10 » The Metropolitan Railway, the world's oldest underground railway, opens between Paddington and Farringdon, marking the beginning of the London Underground.
- January 26 » American Civil War: General Ambrose Burnside is relieved of command of the Army of the Potomac after the disastrous Fredericksburg campaign. He is replaced by Joseph Hooker.
- September 7 » American Civil War: Union troops under Quincy A. Gillmore captures Fort Wagner in Morris Island after a 7-week siege.
- September 19 » American Civil War: The first day of the Battle of Chickamauga, in northwestern Georgia, the bloodiest two-day battle of the conflict, and the only significant Confederate victory in the war's Western Theater.
- October 31 » The New Zealand Wars resume as British forces in New Zealand led by General Duncan Cameron begin their Invasion of the Waikato.
- November 24 » American Civil War: Battle of Lookout Mountain: Near Chattanooga, Tennessee, Union forces under General Ulysses S. Grant capture Lookout Mountain and begin to break the Confederate siege of the city led by General Braxton Bragg.
- 1843 » Richard Conner, American sergeant, Medal of Honor recipient († 1924)
- 1854 » Henry B. Guppy, English botanist and author († 1926)
- 1867 » Madam C. J. Walker, American businesswoman and philanthropist, founded the Madame C.J. Walker Manufacturing Company († 1919)
- 1870 » John Marin, American architect and painter († 1953)
- 1878 » Stephen Timoshenko, Ukrainian-American engineer and academic († 1972)
- 1885 » Pierre Brissaud, French illustrator, painter, and engraver († 1964)