- The temperature on October 2, 1883 was about 12.3 °C. There was 2 mm of rain. The air pressure was 1 kgf/m2 and came mainly from the west-northwest. The airpressure was 75 cm mercury. The atmospheric humidity was 93%. Source: KNMI
- Koning Willem III (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1849 till 1890 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
- In The Netherlands , there was from August 20, 1879 to April 23, 1883 the cabinet Van Lijnden van Sandenburg, with Mr. C.Th. baron Van Lijnden van Sandenburg (conservatief-AR) as prime minister.
- In The Netherlands , there was from April 23, 1884 to April 21, 1888 the cabinet Heemskerk, with Mr. J. Heemskerk Azn. (conservatief) as prime minister.
- In the year 1883: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 4.5 million citizens.
- January 16 » The Pendleton Civil Service Reform Act, establishing the United States Civil Service, is enacted by Congress.
- February 23 » Alabama becomes the first U.S. state to enact an anti-trust law.
- August 17 » The first public performance of the Dominican Republic's national anthem, Himno Nacional.
- November 9 » The 90th Winnipeg Battalion of Rifles, (later the Royal Winnipeg Rifles) of the Canadian Armed Forces is founded.
- November 18 » American and Canadian railroads institute five standard continental time zones, ending the confusion of thousands of local times.
- November 30 » The style of western calendar, Common Era is conveyed to Joseon (Early-Modern Korean kingdom]].
Tip: herlaad deze pagina voor een nieuwe selectie van gebeurtenissen vanuit Wikipedia.
When copying data from this family tree, please include a reference to the origin:
Sep Hulst , "Genealogie Hulst - de Rijk, Pol - Straatman en Overige Hulst lijnen in Nederland", database, Genealogy Online (https://www.genealogieonline.nl/stamboom-hulst-rijk/I20469.php : accessed May 28, 2022), "Egbertus van Loon (1883-????)".