- The temperature on April 29, 1898 was about 13.6 °C. The airpressure was 75 cm mercury. The atmospheric humidity was 85%. Source: KNMI
- Koningin Wilhelmina (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1890 till 1948 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
- Regentes Emma (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1890 till 1898 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
- In The Netherlands , there was from July 27, 1897 to August 1, 1901 the cabinet Pierson, with Mr. N.G. Pierson (unie-liberaal) as prime minister.
- In the year 1898: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 5.1 million citizens.
- February 27 » King George I of Greece survives an assassination attempt.
- May 8 » The first games of the Italian football league system are played.
- June 11 » The Hundred Days' Reform, a planned movement to reform social, political, and educational institutions in China, is started by the Guangxu Emperor, but is suspended by Empress Dowager Cixi after 104 days. (The failed reform led to the abolition of the Imperial examination in 1905.)
- June 12 » Philippine Declaration of Independence: General Emilio Aguinaldo declares the Philippines' independence from Spain.
- July 4 » En route from New York to Le Havre, the SS La Bourgogne collides with another ship and sinks off the coast of Sable Island, with the loss of 549 lives.
- August 13 » Spanish–American War: Spanish and American forces engage in a mock battle for Manila, after which the Spanish commander surrendered in order to keep the city out of Filipino rebel hands.
Tip: herlaad deze pagina voor een nieuwe selectie van gebeurtenissen vanuit Wikipedia.
When copying data from this family tree, please include a reference to the origin:
Ton Enders, "Stamboom familie Enders en aanverwante takken", database, Genealogy Online (https://www.genealogieonline.nl/stamboom-enders/I1058.php : accessed November 29, 2022), "Gerrit Pompert (1898-????)".