- The temperature on April 8, 1949 was between 0.6 °C and 8.2 °C and averaged 4.6 °C. There was 1.9 mm of rain during 1.0 hours. There was 5.8 hours of sunshine (43%). The average windspeed was 5 Bft (very strong wind) and was prevailing from the northwest. Source: KNMI
- Koningin Juliana (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from September 4, 1948 till April 30, 1980 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
- From August 7, 1948 till March 15, 1951 the Netherlands had a cabinet Drees - Van Schaik with the prime ministers Dr. W. Drees (PvdA) and Mr. J.R.H. van Schaik (KVP).
- In the year 1949: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 9.9 million citizens.
- January 11 » The first "networked" television broadcasts took place as KDKA-TV in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania goes on the air connecting the east coast and mid-west programming.
- February 14 » The Asbestos Strike begins in Canada. The strike marks the beginning of the Quiet Revolution in Quebec.
- March 1 » Indonesian Army recaptures and occupies for six hours its capital city Yogyakarta from the Dutch.
- March 31 » The Dominion of Newfoundland joins the Canadian Confederation and becomes the 10th Province of Canada.
- April 18 » The keel for the aircraft carrier USSUnited States is laid down at Newport News Drydock and Shipbuilding. However, construction is canceled five days later, resulting in the Revolt of the Admirals.
- October 16 » The Greek Communist Party announces a "temporary cease-fire", thus ending the Greek Civil War.
Tip: herlaad deze pagina voor een nieuwe selectie van gebeurtenissen vanuit Wikipedia.
The publication Stamboom Eijssink
has been compiled by A.G. Eijssink
When copying data from this family tree, please include a reference to the origin:
A.G. Eijssink, "Stamboom Eijssink", database, Genealogy Online (https://www.genealogieonline.nl/stamboom-eijssink/I1872.php : accessed August 9, 2022), "Johannes Franciscus Koekkoek op Munsterhuis (1881-1949)".