- The temperature on November 26, 1879 was about -4.0 °C. The air pressure was 6 kgf/m2 and came mainly from the northeast. The airpressure was 77 cm mercury. The atmospheric humidity was 69%. Source: KNMI
- Koning Willem III (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1849 till 1890 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
- In The Netherlands , there was from November 3, 1877 to August 20, 1879 the cabinet Kappeijne van de Coppello, with Mr. J. Kappeijne van de Coppello (liberaal) as prime minister.
- In The Netherlands , there was from August 20, 1879 to April 23, 1883 the cabinet Van Lijnden van Sandenburg, with Mr. C.Th. baron Van Lijnden van Sandenburg (conservatief-AR) as prime minister.
- In the year 1879: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 4.0 million citizens.
- January 23 » Anglo-Zulu War: the Battle of Rorke's Drift ends.
- January 25 » The Bulgarian National Bank is founded.
- February 15 » Women's rights: US President Rutherford B. Hayes signs a bill allowing female attorneys to argue cases before the Supreme Court of the United States.
- March 29 » Anglo-Zulu War: Battle of Kambula: British forces defeat 20,000 Zulus.
- May 26 » Russia and the United Kingdom sign the Treaty of Gandamak establishing an Afghan state.
- August 28 » Cetshwayo, last king of the Zulus, is captured by the British.
Tip: herlaad deze pagina voor een nieuwe selectie van gebeurtenissen vanuit Wikipedia.
When copying data from this family tree, please include a reference to the origin:
Jan Driessens , "Stamboom Driessens Zandvliet", database, Genealogy Online (https://www.genealogieonline.nl/stamboom-driessens-zandvliet/I5335.php : accessed January 20, 2022), "Carolus Ludovcus van Wijk (1879-????)".