Timeline Jan Hubert Bitter
Drag the timetable to go back or further in time (or use l and r). Click on the names for more info.
About the surname Bitter
- Take a look at the information available on Genealogie Online about the surname Bitter.
- Check the information Open Archives has about Bitter.
- Check the Wie (onder)zoekt wie? register to see who is (re)searching Bitter.
Historical context (based on day of marriage May 3, 1928)
- The temperature on May 3, 1928 was between 12.7 °C and 25.1 °C and averaged 18.4 °C. There was 11.6 hours of sunshine (77%). The average windspeed was 4 Bft (moderate breeze) and was prevailing from the east. Source: KNMI (weather station De Bilt/The Netherlands)
- 'Koningin Wilhelmina' (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1890 till 1948 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as ' Koninkrijk der Nederlanden')
- In The Netherlands , there was from March 8, 1926 to August 10, 1929 the cabinet De Geer I, with Jonkheer mr. D.J. de Geer (CHU) as prime minister.
- In the year 1928: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 8 million citizens.
- The Law on the Adoption and Implementation of the Turkish Alphabet, replacing the version of the Arabic alphabet previously used, comes into force in Turkey.
- WRNY began regularly scheduled television broadcasts in New York City.
- Sliced bread is sold for the first time by the Chillicothe Baking Company of Chillicothe, Missouri. It is described as ?the greatest forward step in the baking industry since bread was wrapped".