- zie bidprentje
Timeline Jan Hubert Bitter
Drag the timetable to go back or further in time (or use l and r). Click on the names for more info.
About the surname Bitter
Historical context (based on day of marriage May 3, 1928)
- The temperature on May 3, 1928 was between 12.7 °C and 25.1 °C and averaged 18.4 °C. There was 11.6 hours of sunshine (77%). The average windspeed was 4 Bft (moderate breeze) and was prevailing from the east. Source: KNMI (weather station De Bilt/The Netherlands)
- 'Koningin Wilhelmina' (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1890 till 1948 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as ' Koninkrijk der Nederlanden')
- In The Netherlands , there was from March 8, 1926 to August 10, 1929 the cabinet De Geer I, with Jonkheer mr. D.J. de Geer (CHU) as prime minister.
- In the year 1928: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 8 million citizens.
- The Outerbridge Crossing and Goethals Bridge in Staten Island, New York both opened.
- Aviator Amelia Earhart becomes the first woman to fly in an aircraft across the Atlantic Ocean (she was a passenger; Wilmer Stutz was the pilot and Lou Gordon the mechanic).
- The "Prelature of the Holy Cross and the Work of God", commonly known as Opus Dei, is founded by Saint Josemaría Escrivá.