- zie bidprentje
Timeline Jan Hubert Bitter
Drag the timetable to go back or further in time (or use l and r). Click on the names for more info.
About the surname Bitter
Historical context (based on day of marriage May 3, 1928)
- The temperature on May 3, 1928 was between 12.7 °C and 25.1 °C and averaged 18.4 °C. There was 11.6 hours of sunshine (77%). The average windspeed was 4 Bft (moderate breeze) and was prevailing from the east. Source: KNMI (weather station De Bilt/The Netherlands)
- 'Koningin Wilhelmina' (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1890 till 1948 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as ' Koninkrijk der Nederlanden')
- In The Netherlands , there was from March 8, 1926 to August 10, 1929 the cabinet De Geer I, with Jonkheer mr. D.J. de Geer (CHU) as prime minister.
- In the year 1928: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 8 million citizens.
- The Okeechobee Hurricane strikes southeastern Florida, killing upwards of 2,500 people. It is the third deadliest natural disaster in United States history, behind the Galveston Hurricane of 1900 and the 1906 San Francisco earthquake.
- Release of the animated short Steamboat Willie, the first fully synchronized sound cartoon, directed by Walt Disney and Ub Iwerks, featuring the third appearances of cartoon characters Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse. This is also considered by the Disney corporation to be Mickey's birthday.
- Juan de la Cierva makes the first autogyro crossing of the English Channel.