- Stadhouder Prins Maurits (Huis van Oranje) was from 1585 till 1625 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Republiek der Zeven Verenigde Nederlanden)
- In the year 1585: Source: Wikipedia
- March 3 » The Olympic Theatre, designed by Andrea Palladio, is inaugurated in Vicenza.
- April 9 » The expedition organised by Sir Walter Raleigh departs England for Roanoke Island (now in North Carolina) to establish the Roanoke Colony.
- July 7 » The Treaty of Nemours abolishes tolerance to Protestants in France.
- August 8 » John Davis enters Cumberland Sound in search of the Northwest Passage.
- August 10 » The Treaty of Nonsuch signed by Elizabeth I of England and the Dutch Rebels.
- August 17 » Eighty Years' War: Siege of Antwerp: Antwerp is captured by Spanish forces under Alexander Farnese, Duke of Parma, who orders Protestants to leave the city and as a result over half of the 100,000 inhabitants flee to the northern provinces.
Tip: herlaad deze pagina voor een nieuwe selectie van gebeurtenissen vanuit Wikipedia.
When copying data from this family tree, please include a reference to the origin:
Frits Derksen, "Stamboom Derikx, Derksen en Heijnen", database, Genealogy Online (https://www.genealogieonline.nl/parenteel-derksen/I16888.php : accessed December 9, 2022), "Mecheldis Maechs (1585-????)".