- Graaf Filips III (Oostenrijks Huis) was from 1555 till 1581 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Graafschap Holland)
- In the year 1568: Source: Wikipedia
- May 2 » Mary, Queen of Scots, escapes from Loch Leven Castle.
- May 16 » Mary, Queen of Scots, flees to England.
- May 19 » Queen Elizabeth I of England orders the arrest of Mary, Queen of Scots.
- May 23 » Dutch rebels led by Louis of Nassau, defeat Jean de Ligne, Duke of Arenberg, and his loyalist troops in the Battle of Heiligerlee, opening the Eighty Years' War.
- September 23 » Spanish naval forces rout an English fleet, under the command of John Hawkins, at the Battle of San Juan de Ulúa near Veracruz.
- October 20 » The Spanish Duke of Alba defeats a Dutch rebel force under William the Silent.
Tip: herlaad deze pagina voor een nieuwe selectie van gebeurtenissen vanuit Wikipedia.
The publication Lewis family tree
has been compiled by Steve Lewis
When copying data from this family tree, please include a reference to the origin:
Steve Lewis, "Lewis family tree", database, Genealogy Online (https://www.genealogieonline.nl/lewis-family-tree/P1096.php : accessed July 2, 2022), "stillborn twin 1 Hepburn (1568-1568)".