- Stadhouder Prins Willem III (Huis van Oranje) was from 1672 till 1702 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Republiek der Zeven Verenigde Nederlanden)
- In the year 1695: Source: Wikipedia
- January 27 » Mustafa II becomes the Ottoman sultan and Caliph of Islam in Istanbul on the death of Ahmed II. Mustafa rules until his abdication in 1703.
- August 15 » French forces end the bombardment of Brussels.
- September 7 » Henry Every perpetrates one of the most profitable pirate raids in history with the capture of the Grand Mughal ship Ganj-i-Sawai. In response, Emperor Aurangzeb threatens to end all English trading in India.
- November 20 » Zumbi, the last of the leaders of Quilombo dos Palmares in early Brazil, is executed by the forces of Portuguese bandeirante Domingos Jorge Velho - an event nowadays commemorated in Black Awareness Day.
Tip: herlaad deze pagina voor een nieuwe selectie van gebeurtenissen vanuit Wikipedia.
The publication Genealogie Van Melzen
has been compiled by Anton van Melzen
When copying data from this family tree, please include a reference to the origin:
Anton van Melzen, "Genealogie Van Melzen", database, Genealogy Online (https://www.genealogieonline.nl/genealogie-van-melzen/I31048.php : accessed December 3, 2021), "Meijne Hendricks van Essen (1695-????)".