- The temperature on March 21, 1877 was about 3.5 °C. There was 3 mm of rain. The air pressure was 6 kgf/m2 and came mainly from the west-northwest. The airpressure was 74 cm mercury. The atmospheric humidity was 91%. Source: KNMI
- Koning Willem III (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1849 till 1890 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
- From August 27, 1874 till November 3, 1877 the Netherlands had a cabinet Heemskerk - Van Lijnden van Sandenburg with the prime ministers Mr. J. Heemskerk Azn. (conservatief) and Mr. C.Th. baron Van Lijnden van Sandenburg (AR).
- In The Netherlands , there was from November 3, 1877 to August 20, 1879 the cabinet Kappeijne van de Coppello, with Mr. J. Kappeijne van de Coppello (liberaal) as prime minister.
- In the year 1877: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 4.0 million citizens.
- January 8 » Crazy Horse and his warriors fight their last battle against the United States Cavalry at Wolf Mountain, Montana Territory.
- July 14 » The Great Railroad Strike of 1877 began in Martinsburg, West Virginia, when wages of Baltimore and Ohio Railroad workers were cut for the third time in a year. The strike was ended on Sept 4 by local and state militias, and federal troops.
- July 21 » After rioting by Baltimore and Ohio Railroad workers and the deaths of nine rail workers at the hands of the Maryland militia, workers in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, stage a sympathy strike that is met with an assault by the state militia.
- August 9 » Indian Wars: Battle of the Big Hole: A small band of Nez Percé Indians clash with the United States Army.
- November 29 » Thomas Edison demonstrates his phonograph for the first time.
- December 6 » The first edition of The Washington Post is published.
Tip: herlaad deze pagina voor een nieuwe selectie van gebeurtenissen vanuit Wikipedia.
When copying data from this family tree, please include a reference to the origin:
Lucas van Heeren, "Voornaeme Geslachte en Eenvoudige Luyde", database, Genealogy Online (https://www.genealogieonline.nl/genealogie-schapekoppen/I361071.php : accessed February 7, 2023), "Barendina Pieternella BAARS (1846-????)".