- The temperature on April 27, 1879 was about 14.1 °C. The air pressure was 3 kgf/m2 and came mainly from the east-northeast. The airpressure was 75 cm mercury. The atmospheric humidity was 54%. Source: KNMI
- Koning Willem III (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1849 till 1890 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
- In The Netherlands , there was from November 3, 1877 to August 20, 1879 the cabinet Kappeijne van de Coppello, with Mr. J. Kappeijne van de Coppello (liberaal) as prime minister.
- In The Netherlands , there was from August 20, 1879 to April 23, 1883 the cabinet Van Lijnden van Sandenburg, with Mr. C.Th. baron Van Lijnden van Sandenburg (conservatief-AR) as prime minister.
- In the year 1879: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 4.0 million citizens.
- February 14 » The War of the Pacific breaks out when the Chilean Army occupies the Bolivian port city of Antofagasta.
- May 14 » The first group of 463 Indian indentured laborers arrives in Fiji aboard the Leonidas.
- May 21 » War of the Pacific: Two Chilean ships blocking the harbor of Iquique (then belonging to Peru) battle two Peruvian vessels in the Battle of Iquique.
- May 31 » Gilmore's Garden in New York City is renamed Madison Square Garden by William Henry Vanderbilt and is opened to the public at 26th Street and Madison Avenue.
- June 1 » Napoléon Eugène, the last dynastic Bonaparte, is killed in the Anglo-Zulu War.
- October 15 » The Segura river in southeastern Spain floods, killing 1077 people.
Tip: herlaad deze pagina voor een nieuwe selectie van gebeurtenissen vanuit Wikipedia.
The publication Genealogie N.P. Mantel
has been compiled by Martien Mantel
When copying data from this family tree, please include a reference to the origin:
Martien Mantel, "Genealogie N.P. Mantel", database, Genealogy Online (https://www.genealogieonline.nl/genealogie-mantel/I71044.php : accessed January 20, 2022), "Pieter Peijs (± 1847-????)".