- The temperature on April 20, 1884 was about 3.8 °C. The air pressure was 8 kgf/m2 and came mainly from the east-northeast. The airpressure was 76 cm mercury. The atmospheric humidity was 60%. Source: KNMI
- Koning Willem III (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1849 till 1890 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
- In The Netherlands , there was from April 23, 1884 to April 21, 1888 the cabinet Heemskerk, with Mr. J. Heemskerk Azn. (conservatief) as prime minister.
- In the year 1884: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 4.5 million citizens.
- February 1 » The first volume (A to Ant) of the Oxford English Dictionary is published.
- March 13 » The Siege of Khartoum begins. It lasts until January 26, 1885.
- May 1 » The Federation of Organized Trades and Labor Unions demands the eight-hour work day in the United States.
- July 3 » Dow Jones & Company publishes its first stock average.
- October 13 » The International Meridian Conference establishes the meridian of the Greenwich Observatory as the prime meridian.
- October 22 » The International Meridian Conference designates the Royal Observatory, Greenwich as the world's prime meridian.
Tip: herlaad deze pagina voor een nieuwe selectie van gebeurtenissen vanuit Wikipedia.
The publication Genealogie N.P. Mantel
has been compiled by Martien Mantel
When copying data from this family tree, please include a reference to the origin:
Martien Mantel, "Genealogie N.P. Mantel", database, Genealogy Online (https://www.genealogieonline.nl/genealogie-mantel/I65890.php : accessed November 27, 2021), "Simon Otter (± 1858-????)".