- Stadhouder Prins Willem III (Huis van Oranje) was from 1672 till 1702 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Republiek der Zeven Verenigde Nederlanden)
- In the year 1688: Source: Wikipedia
- June 30 » The Immortal Seven issue the Invitation to William, which would culminate in the Glorious Revolution.
- September 26 » The city council of Amsterdam votes to support William of Orange's invasion of England, which became the Glorious Revolution.
- November 9 » Glorious Revolution: William of Orange captures Exeter.
- December 9 » Glorious Revolution: Williamite forces defeat Jacobites at Battle of Reading, forcing flight of James II from the country.
- December 11 » Glorious Revolution: James II of England, while trying to flee to France, throws the Great Seal of the Realm into the River Thames.
- December 23 » As part of the Glorious Revolution, King James II of England flees from England to Paris, France after being deposed in favor of his nephew, William of Orange and his daughter Mary.
Tip: herlaad deze pagina voor een nieuwe selectie van gebeurtenissen vanuit Wikipedia.
When copying data from this family tree, please include a reference to the origin:
Sébastien Delbarre , "Généalogie Delbarre Sébastien x Joly Delphine", database, Genealogy Online (https://www.genealogieonline.nl/genealogie-delbarre-sebastien-x-joly-delphine/I64255.php : accessed February 4, 2023), "Christophe Dutrieux (± 1608-1688)".