- Stadhouder Prins Maurits (Huis van Oranje) was from 1585 till 1625 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Republiek der Zeven Verenigde Nederlanden)
- In the year 1585: Source: Wikipedia
- April 9 » The expedition organised by Sir Walter Raleigh departs England for Roanoke Island (now in North Carolina) to establish the Roanoke Colony.
- July 7 » The Treaty of Nemours abolishes tolerance to Protestants in France.
- August 8 » John Davis enters Cumberland Sound in search of the Northwest Passage.
- August 10 » The Treaty of Nonsuch signed by Elizabeth I of England and the Dutch Rebels.
- August 17 » A first group of colonists sent by Sir Walter Raleigh under the charge of Ralph Lane lands in the New World to create Roanoke Colony on Roanoke Island, off the coast of present-day North Carolina.
- August 17 » Eighty Years' War: Siege of Antwerp: Antwerp is captured by Spanish forces under Alexander Farnese, Duke of Parma, who orders Protestants to leave the city and as a result over half of the 100,000 inhabitants flee to the northern provinces.
Tip: herlaad deze pagina voor een nieuwe selectie van gebeurtenissen vanuit Wikipedia.
The publication Genealogie De Vos-Verschuur
has been compiled by Jan de Vos
When copying data from this family tree, please include a reference to the origin:
Jan de Vos, "Genealogie De Vos-Verschuur", database, Genealogy Online (https://www.genealogieonline.nl/genealogie-de-vos-verschuur/I227500.php : accessed February 7, 2023), "Gabriel Kristiensson Oxenstierna (1510-1585)".