- The temperature on May 25, 1871 was about 23.9 °C. The air pressure was 16 kgf/m2 and came mainly from the south east. The atmospheric humidity was 22%. Source: KNMI
- Koning Willem III (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1849 till 1890 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
- From June 4, 1868 till January 4, 1871 the Netherlands had a cabinet Van Bosse - Fock with the prime ministers Mr. P.P. van Bosse (liberaal) and Mr. C. Fock (liberaal).
- In The Netherlands , there was from January 4, 1871 to July 6, 1872 the cabinet Thorbecke III, with Mr. J.R. Thorbecke (liberaal) as prime minister.
- In the year 1871: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 4.0 million citizens.
- January 19 » Franco-Prussian War: In the Siege of Paris, Prussia wins the Battle of St. Quentin. Meanwhile, the French attempt to break the siege in the Battle of Buzenval will end unsuccessfully the following day.
- March 28 » The Paris Commune is formally established in Paris.
- May 4 » The National Association, the first professional baseball league, opens its first season in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
- July 30 » The Staten Island Ferry Westfield's boiler explodes, killing over 85 people.
- September 20 » Bishop John Coleridge Patteson, first bishop of Melanesia, is martyred on Nukapu, now in the Solomon Islands.
- September 28 » The Brazilian Parliament passes a law that frees all children thereafter born to slaves, and all government-owned slaves.
Tip: herlaad deze pagina voor een nieuwe selectie van gebeurtenissen vanuit Wikipedia.
When copying data from this family tree, please include a reference to the origin:
Thresa Hicks, "Cannon, Cauthren, Dodson, Lair family tree", database, Genealogy Online (https://www.genealogieonline.nl/cannon-cauthren-dodson-lair-family-tree/P3193.php : accessed December 4, 2022), "Jordan Dodson (1792-1871)".