- The temperature on September 3, 1914 was between 8.6 °C and 26.4 °C and averaged 16.9 °C. There was 11.3 hours of sunshine (84%). The average windspeed was 2 Bft (weak wind) and was prevailing from the northeast. Source: KNMI
- Koningin Wilhelmina (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1890 till 1948 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
- In The Netherlands , there was from August 29, 1913 to September 9, 1918 the cabinet Cort van der Linden, with Mr. P.W.A. Cort van der Linden (liberaal) as prime minister.
- In the year 1914: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 6.2 million citizens.
- June 12 » Massacre of Phocaea: Turkish irregulars slaughter 50 to 100 Greeks and expel thousands of others in an ethnic cleansing operation in the Ottoman Empire.
- August 9 » Start of the Battle of Mulhouse, part of a French attempt to recover the province of Alsace and the first French offensive of World War I.
- August 23 » World War I: The British Expeditionary Force and the French Fifth Army begin their Great Retreat before the German Army.
- November 5 » World War I: France and the British Empire declare war on the Ottoman Empire.
- November 28 » World War I: Following a war-induced closure in July, the New York Stock Exchange re-opens for bond trading.
- December 14 » Lisandro de la Torre and others found the Democratic Progressive Party (Partido Demócrata Progresista, PDP) at the Hotel Savoy, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Tip: herlaad deze pagina voor een nieuwe selectie van gebeurtenissen vanuit Wikipedia.
When copying data from this family tree, please include a reference to the origin:
Pieter C. Bismeijer, "Bißmeyer-Bissmeyer-Bismeyer-Bismeijer Family", database, Genealogy Online (https://www.genealogieonline.nl/bismeijer-family/I94958.php : accessed February 6, 2023), "Willem Muller (1914-1914)".