- The temperature on May 24, 1916 was between 5.0 °C and 20.0 °C and averaged 14.1 °C. There was 1.1 mm of rain. There was 8.5 hours of sunshine (53%). The average windspeed was 3 Bft (moderate breeze) and was prevailing from the south east. Source: KNMI
- Koningin Wilhelmina (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1890 till 1948 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
- In The Netherlands , there was from August 29, 1913 to September 9, 1918 the cabinet Cort van der Linden, with Mr. P.W.A. Cort van der Linden (liberaal) as prime minister.
- In the year 1916: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 6.4 million citizens.
- June 5 » World War I: The Arab Revolt against the Ottoman Empire breaks out.
- June 24 » Mary Pickford becomes the first female film star to sign a million-dollar contract.
- August 25 » The United States National Park Service is created.
- September 19 » World War I: During the East African Campaign, colonial forces of the Belgian Congo (Force Publique) under the command of Charles Tombeur capture the town of Tabora after heavy fighting.
- November 5 » The Kingdom of Poland is proclaimed by the Act of 5th November of the emperors of Germany and Austria-Hungary.
- December 6 » World War I: The Central Powers capture Bucharest.
Tip: herlaad deze pagina voor een nieuwe selectie van gebeurtenissen vanuit Wikipedia.
When copying data from this family tree, please include a reference to the origin:
Pieter C. Bismeijer, "Bißmeyer-Bissmeyer-Bismeyer-Bismeijer Family", database, Genealogy Online (https://www.genealogieonline.nl/bismeijer-family/I109391.php : accessed January 28, 2023), "Maria Kooij (1884-????)".