- The temperature on August 20, 1903 was between 8.3 °C and 17.4 °C and averaged 13.8 °C. There was -0.1 hours of sunshine (0%). Source: KNMI
- Koningin Wilhelmina (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1890 till 1948 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
- In The Netherlands , there was from August 1, 1901 to August 16, 1905 the cabinet Kuijper, with Dr. A. Kuijper (AR) as prime minister.
- In the year 1903: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 5.3 million citizens.
- February 14 » The United States Department of Commerce and Labor is established (later split into the Department of Commerce and the Department of Labor).
- February 23 » Cuba leases Guantánamo Bay to the United States "in perpetuity".
- March 2 » In New York City the Martha Washington Hotel opens, becoming the first hotel exclusively for women.
- April 26 » Atlético Madrid Association football club is founded
- November 3 » With the encouragement of the United States, Panama separates from Colombia.
- November 17 » The Russian Social Democratic Labour Party splits into two groups: The Bolsheviks (Russian for "majority") and Mensheviks (Russian for "minority").
Tip: herlaad deze pagina voor een nieuwe selectie van gebeurtenissen vanuit Wikipedia.
When copying data from this family tree, please include a reference to the origin:
Pieter C. Bismeijer, "Bißmeyer-Bissmeyer-Bismeyer-Bismeijer Family", database, Genealogy Online (https://www.genealogieonline.nl/bismeijer-family/I104401.php : accessed December 10, 2023), "Annie Simmons (1903-1996)".