- Graaf Filips II de Schone (Oostenrijks Huis) was from 1494 till 1506 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Graafschap Holland)
- In the year 1497: Source: Wikipedia
- May 10 » Amerigo Vespucci allegedly leaves Cádiz for his first voyage to the New World.
- June 17 » Battle of Deptford Bridge: Forces under King Henry VII defeat troops led by Michael An Gof.
- June 24 » John Cabot lands in North America at Newfoundland leading the first European exploration of the region since the Vikings.
- June 27 » Cornish rebels Michael An Gof and Thomas Flamank are executed at Tyburn, London, England.
- July 8 » Vasco da Gama sets sail on the first direct European voyage to India.
- December 16 » Vasco da Gama passes the Great Fish River, where Bartolomeu Dias had previously turned back to Portugal.
Tip: herlaad deze pagina voor een nieuwe selectie van gebeurtenissen vanuit Wikipedia.
The publication Ancestral Trails 2016
has been compiled by Patti Lee Salter
When copying data from this family tree, please include a reference to the origin:
Patti Lee Salter, "Ancestral Trails 2016", database, Genealogy Online (https://www.genealogieonline.nl/ancestral-trails-2016/I34953.php : accessed December 10, 2023), "Elizabeth WINGFIELD (1427-1497)".