Stamboom Hassing » Adelle Corbus
Personal data Adelle Corbus
- She was born on December 26, 1916 in Arcadia, Michigan.
- She died on January 5, 2003 in Kalamazoo, Kalamazoo Co., Michigan, she was 86 years old.
Ancestors (and descendant) of Adelle Corbus
Household of Adelle Corbus
Passed away Sunday evening, January 5, 2003 at Friendship Village. Adelle was born in Arcadia, MI, December 26, 1916, the daughter of Howard and Bird
(Perkins) Corbus. She was a member of First Congregational Church, Kalamazoo Nature Center, where she had served as a volunteer, and other organizations. She was employed by the Kalamazoo Public Museum, retiring in June of 1981. She enjoyed birds, flowers, travel, music, art, nature and helping others. She was an avid supporter of Helen Coover and her efforts with seniors. On February 28, 1942, she married Philip Hassing, former Kalamazoo County Clerk, who preceded her in death on December 12, 1981. She was also preceded in death by two sisters, Jean Dillie and Ann Chanter; and her special friend, Helen Coover. Surviving are four children, Phil (Molly) Hassing of Oshtemo, Robert (Kathleen) Hassing of Portage, Patricia (Paul) DeHaan of Kalamazoo, and Mary Hassing of Mattawan; three grandchildren, James M. Harback Jr. of Amberg, Germany, Susan DeHaan of Mt. Laurel, NJ, and Lindsay (Jason) Samulak of Lakemoor, IL; a great-grandson, James M.
Harback, III; her brother, Howard Corbus of Fresno, CA; several nieces, nephews, and cousins; and a special friend, Mary Anne Needham of Kalamazoo.
Cremation has taken place and there will be no visitation at the funeral home. Memorial contributions may be made to Friendship Village Employee Recognition Fund, Friendship Village Health Center Activities Fund, Loaves & Fishes, or charity of one'schoice. Memorial Services will be held 3 o'clock Saturday afternoon, January 18, at the Kiva, Friendship Village, 1400 N. Drake Road with Rev. Carolin Spragg, of Paw Paw United Methodist Church, officiating. The family will greet friends in the fellowship area following the service.
JOLDERSMA & KLEIN
917 S. Burdick
Published in the Kalamazoo Gazette from 1/6/2003 - 1/8/2003. (posted by a volunteer-no family connection)
Timeline Adelle Corbus
Drag the timetable to go back or further in time (or use l and r). Click on the names for more info.
Symbols used: grandparents parents brothers/sisters children
About the surname Corbus
- Take a look at the information available on genealogieonline about the surname Corbus.
- Check in Wie (onder)zoekt wie? register who is researching Corbus.
- Check the information Open Archives has about Corbus.
Historical context (based on day of marriage February 28, 1942)
- The temperature on February 28, 1942 was between 2.1 °C and 0.3 °C and averaged 1.0 °C. There was -8.9 mm of rain during -12 hours. The average windspeed was 3 Bft (moderate breeze) and was prevailing from the south. Source: KNMI (weather station De Bilt/The Netherlands)
- Koningin Wilhelmina (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1890 till 1948 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
- In The Netherlands , there was from July 27, 1941 to February 23, 1945 the cabinet Gerbrandy II, with Prof. dr. P.S. Gerbrandy (ARP) as prime minister.
- In the year 1942: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 9 million citizens.
- World War II: Germany's latest fighter, a Focke-Wulf FW190 is captured intact when it mistakenly lands at RAF Pembrey in Wales.
- The Soviet Union establishes diplomatic relations with Australia.
- Erwin Rommel is promoted to Field Marshal after the capture of Tobruk.
The publication Stamboom Hassing has been compiled by L. Hassing. http://www.genealogieonline.nl/stamboom-hassing/