Personal data Gerrit Hooft
This person also appears in the publication:
Ancestors (and descendant) of Gerrit Hooft
Household of Gerrit Hooft
He is married to Elisabeth van Gheel van Spanbroek on September 4, 1673 at Sloten, N.h, he was 24 years old.
Notes by Gerrit Hooft
raad 1679-, schepen 1679, 1687 en 1688,
burgemeester 1708, 1711, 1714, 1716 en 1717 van Amsterdam,
Timeline Gerrit Hooft
Drag the timetable to go back or further in time (or use l and r). Click on the names for more info.
About the surname Hooft
Historical context (based on day of marriage September 4, 1673)
- 'Stadhouder Prins Willem III' (Huis van Oranje) was from 1672 till 1702 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as 'Republiek der Zeven Verenigde Nederlanden')
- In the year 1673: Source: Wikipedia
- Second Battle of Khotyn in Ukraine: Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth forces under the command of Jan Sobieski defeat the Ottoman army. In this battle, rockets made by Kazimierz Siemienowicz are successfully used.
- Louis Joliet and Jacques Marquette begin exploring the Mississippi River.
- John Berkeley, 1st Baron Berkeley of Stratton sells his part of New Jersey to the Religious Society of Friends, commonly known as Quakers.