Personal data John Sir Stawell van Cothelstone
Ancestors (and descendant) of John Sir Stawell van Cothelstone
Household of John Sir Stawell van Cothelstone
He had a relationship with Elisabeth Hext.
Timeline John Sir Stawell van Cothelstone
Click on the names for more info.
About the surname Sir Stawell van Cothelstone
- Stadhouder Prins Maurits (Huis van Oranje) was from 1585 till 1625 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Republiek der Zeven Verenigde Nederlanden)
- In the year 1600: Source: Wikipedia
- March 20 » The Linköping Bloodbath takes place on Maundy Thursday in Linköping, Sweden: five Swedish noblemen are publicly beheaded in the aftermath of the War against Sigismund (1598–1599).
- August 5 » The Gowrie Conspiracy against King James VI of Scotland (later to become King James I of England) takes place.
- August 23 » Battle of Gifu Castle: The eastern forces of Tokugawa Ieyasu defeat the western Japanese clans loyal to Toyotomi Hideyori, leading to the destruction of Gifu Castle and serving as a prelude to the Battle of Sekigahara.
- October 6 » Euridice, the earliest surviving opera, receives its première performance, beginning the Baroque period.
- October 21 » Tokugawa Ieyasu defeats the leaders of rival Japanese clans in the Battle of Sekigahara and becomes shōgun of Japan.
- December 31 » The British East India Company is chartered.
Van 1650 tot 1672 kende Nederland (ookwel Republiek der Zeven Verenigde Nederlanden) zijn Eerste Stadhouderloze Tijdperk.
This page is only available in Dutch.
- In the year 1662: Source: Wikipedia
- February 1 » The Chinese general Koxinga seizes the island of Taiwan after a nine-month siege.
- May 9 » The figure who later became Mr. Punch makes his first recorded appearance in England.
- August 24 » The Act of Uniformity requires England to accept the Book of Common Prayer.
- October 17 » Charles II of England sells Dunkirk to Louis XIV of France for 40,000 pounds.
- December 1 » Diarist John Evelyn records skating on the frozen lake in St James's Park, London, watched by Charles II and Queen Catherine.
- 1514 » García Álvarez de Toledo, 4th Marquis of Villafranca, Spanish noble and admiral († 1577)
- 1534 » Nicholas Pieck, Dutch Franciscan friar and martyr († 1572)
- 1597 » Henry Gage, Royalist officer in the English Civil War († 1645)
- 1619 » Jean-Baptiste Colbert, French economist and politician, Controller-General of Finances († 1683)
- 1628 » John Granville, 1st Earl of Bath, English soldier and politician, Lord Lieutenant of Ireland († 1701)
- 1632 » John Locke, English physician and philosopher († 1704)
The publication West-Europese adel
has been compiled by Pieter
When copying data from this family tree, please include a reference to the origin:
Pieter, "West-Europese adel", database, Genealogy Online (https://www.genealogieonline.nl/west-europese-adel/I322256.php : accessed August 3, 2021), "John Sir Stawell van Cothelstone (1600-1662)".