Timeline Maarten Kort
Drag the timetable to go back or further in time (or use l and r). Click on the names for more info.
About the surname Kort
- Take a look at the information available on Genealogie Online about the surname Kort.
- Check the information Open Archives has about Kort.
- Check the Wie (onder)zoekt wie? register to see who is (re)searching Kort.
Historical context (based on day of marriage March 7, 1879)
- The temperature on March 7, 1879 was about 11.0 °C. The air pressure was 3 kgf/m2 and came mainly from the west-northwest. The airpressure was 77 cm mercury. The atmospheric humidity was 57%. Source: KNMI (weather station Utrecht/The Netherlands)
- 'Koning Willem III' (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1849 till 1890 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as ' Koninkrijk der Nederlanden')
- In The Netherlands , there was from November 3, 1877 to August 20, 1879 the cabinet Kappeijne van de Coppello, with Mr. J. Kappeijne van de Coppello (liberaal) as prime minister.
- In The Netherlands , there was from August 20, 1879 to April 23, 1883 the cabinet Van Lijnden van Sandenburg, with Mr. C.Th. baron Van Lijnden van Sandenburg (conservatief-AR) as prime minister.
- In the year 1879: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 4 million citizens.
- War of the Pacific: the Chilean Navy defeats the Peruvian Navy in the Battle of Angamos, Peruvian Admiral Miguel Grau is killed in the encounter.
- War of the Pacific is fought between Chile and the joint forces of Bolivia and Peru. Chile successfully takes over Arica and Tarapacá leaving Bolivia as a landlocked country.
- The War of the Pacific breaks out when Chilean armed forces occupy the Bolivian port city of Antofagasta.