Timeline Maarten Kort
Drag the timetable to go back or further in time (or use l and r). Click on the names for more info.
About the surname Kort
Historical context (based on day of marriage March 7, 1879)
- The temperature on March 7, 1879 was about 11.0 °C. The air pressure was 3 kgf/m2 and came mainly from the west-northwest. The airpressure was 77 cm mercury. The atmospheric humidity was 57%. Source: KNMI (weather station Utrecht/The Netherlands)
- 'Koning Willem III' (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1849 till 1890 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as ' Koninkrijk der Nederlanden')
- In The Netherlands , there was from November 3, 1877 to August 20, 1879 the cabinet Kappeijne van de Coppello, with Mr. J. Kappeijne van de Coppello (liberaal) as prime minister.
- In The Netherlands , there was from August 20, 1879 to April 23, 1883 the cabinet Van Lijnden van Sandenburg, with Mr. C.Th. baron Van Lijnden van Sandenburg (conservatief-AR) as prime minister.
- In the year 1879: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 4 million citizens.
- Anglo-Zulu War: the Zululand capital of Ulundi is captured by British troops and burnt to the ground, thus, ending the war and forcing King Cetshwayo to flee.
- War of the Pacific: Two Chilean ships blocking the harbor of Iquique (then belonging to Peru) battle two Peruvian vessels in the Battle of Iquique.
- The Bulgarian National Bank is founded.