- The temperature on January 11, 1773 was about 4.0 °C. Wind direction mainly south-southwest. Weather type: zeer betrokken. Source: KNMI
- Erfstadhouder Prins Willem V (Willem Batavus) (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1751 till 1795 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Republiek der Zeven Verenigde Nederlanden)
- In the year 1773: Source: Wikipedia
- January 1 » The hymn that became known as "Amazing Grace", then titled "1 Chronicles 17:16–17" is first used to accompany a sermon led by John Newton in the town of Olney, Buckinghamshire, England.
- January 17 » Captain James Cook leads the first expedition to sail south of the Antarctic Circle.
- May 10 » The Parliament of Great Britain passes the Tea Act, designed to save the British East India Company by reducing taxes on its tea and granting it the right to sell tea directly to North America. The legislation leads to the Boston Tea Party.
- June 1 » Wolraad Woltemade rescues 14 sailors at the Cape of Good Hope from the sinking ship De Jonge Thomas by riding his horse into the sea seven times. He drowned on his eighth attempt.
- October 12 » America's first insane asylum opens.
- October 14 » The first recorded ministry of education, the Commission of National Education, is formed in the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth.
Tip: herlaad deze pagina voor een nieuwe selectie van gebeurtenissen vanuit Wikipedia.
When copying data from this family tree, please include a reference to the origin:
Maarten Windemuller, "Stamboom Windemuller / Windmöller D / NL / USA", database, Genealogy Online (https://www.genealogieonline.nl/stamboom-windemuller/I74.php : accessed October 2, 2022), "Gerrit Hendrik Selkers (1773-????)".