- The temperature on January 1, 1777 was about -1 °C. Wind direction mainly northeast. Weather type: betrokken. Source: KNMI
- Erfstadhouder Prins Willem V (Willem Batavus) (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1751 till 1795 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Republiek der Zeven Verenigde Nederlanden)
- In the year 1777: Source: Wikipedia
- April 26 » Sybil Ludington, aged 16, rode 40 miles (64km) to alert American colonial forces to the approach of the British regular forces
- July 7 » American forces retreating from Fort Ticonderoga are defeated in the Battle of Hubbardton.
- September 11 » American Revolutionary War: Battle of Brandywine: The British celebrate a major victory in Chester County, Pennsylvania.
- September 27 » American Revolution: Lancaster, Pennsylvania becomes the capital of the United States for one day after Congress evacuates Philadelphia.
- November 15 » American Revolutionary War: After 16 months of debate the Continental Congress approves the Articles of Confederation.
- December 18 » The United States celebrates its first Thanksgiving, marking the recent victory by the American rebels over British General John Burgoyne at Saratoga in October.
Tip: herlaad deze pagina voor een nieuwe selectie van gebeurtenissen vanuit Wikipedia.
When copying data from this family tree, please include a reference to the origin:
Maarten Windemuller, "Stamboom Windemuller / Windmöller D / NL / USA", database, Genealogy Online (https://www.genealogieonline.nl/stamboom-windemuller/I433.php : accessed October 3, 2022), "Enne Selkers (1777-????)".