Timeline Jan Pietersz de Jong
Click on the names for more info.
About the surname De Jong
- View the information that Genealogie Online has about the surname De Jong.
- Check the information Open Archives has about De Jong.
- Check the Wie (onder)zoekt wie? register to see who is (re)searching De Jong.
- Stadhouder Prins Willem III (Huis van Oranje) was from 1672 till 1702 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Republiek der Zeven Verenigde Nederlanden)
- In the year 1692: Source: Wikipedia
- March 1 » Sarah Good, Sarah Osborne and Tituba are brought before local magistrates in Salem Village, Massachusetts, beginning what would become known as the Salem witch trials.
- June 2 » Bridget Bishop is the first person to be tried for witchcraft in Salem, Massachusetts; she was found guilty and later hanged.
- June 7 » Port Royal, Jamaica, is hit by a catastrophic earthquake; in just three minutes, 1,600 people are killed and 3,000 are seriously injured.
- June 10 » Salem witch trials: Bridget Bishop is hanged at Gallows Hill near Salem, Massachusetts, for "certaine Detestable Arts called Witchcraft and Sorceries".
- August 19 » Salem witch trials: In Salem, Province of Massachusetts Bay, five people, one woman and four men, including a clergyman, are executed after being convicted of witchcraft.
- October 12 » The Salem witch trials are ended by a letter from the governor of the Massachusetts Bay Province.
- The temperature on August 28, 1718 was about 19.0 °C. Source: KNMI
Van 1702 tot 1747 kende Nederland (ookwel Republiek der Zeven Verenigde Nederlanden) zijn Tweede Stadhouderloze Tijdperk.
This page is only available in Dutch.
- In the year 1718: Source: Wikipedia
- May 7 » The city of New Orleans is founded by Jean-Baptiste Le Moyne, Sieur de Bienville.
- May 15 » James Puckle, a London lawyer, patents the world's first machine gun.
- June 26 » Alexei Petrovich, Tsarevich of Russia, Peter the Great's son, mysteriously dies after being sentenced to death by his father for plotting against him.
- July 21 » The Treaty of Passarowitz between the Ottoman Empire, Austria and the Republic of Venice is signed.
- November 22 » Off the coast of North Carolina, British pirate Edward Teach (best known as "Blackbeard") is killed in battle with a boarding party led by Royal Navy Lieutenant Robert Maynard.
- November 30 » King Charles XII of Sweden dies during a siege of the fortress of Fredriksten in Norway.