Timeline Helena van Woerkom
Drag the timetable to go back or further in time (or use l and r). Click on the names for more info.
About the surname Van Woerkom
Historical context (based on day of marriage July 2, 1914)
- The temperature on July 2, 1914 was between 18.5 °C and 29.5 °C and averaged 23.5 °C. There was 11.8 hours of sunshine (71%). The average windspeed was 3 Bft (moderate breeze) and was prevailing from the south-southeast. Source: KNMI (weather station De Bilt/The Netherlands)
- Koningin Wilhelmina (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1890 till 1948 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
- In The Netherlands , there was from August 29, 1913 to September 9, 1918 the cabinet Cort van der Linden, with Mr. P.W.A. Cort van der Linden (liberaal) as prime minister.
- In the year 1914: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 6.2 million citizens.
- The Autonomous Republic of Northern Epirus is proclaimed in Gjirokastër, by the Greeks living in southern Albania.
- The Republic of China joins the Universal Postal Union.
- World War I: The German minelayer Königin Luise lay a minefield about 40 miles of the Thames Estuary (Lowestoft). She is intercepted and sunk by the British light-cruiser HMS Amphion.