Timeline Wilhelmina Elisabeth de Kleijn
Drag the timetable to go back or further in time (or use l and r). Click on the names for more info.
About the surname De Kleijn
Historical context (based on day of marriage August 29, 1928)
- The temperature on August 29, 1928 was between 11.4 °C and 23.0 °C and averaged 16.5 °C. There was 0.5 mm of rain. There was 6.0 hours of sunshine (43%). The average windspeed was 2 Bft (weak wind) and was prevailing from the southwest. Source: KNMI (weather station De Bilt/The Netherlands)
- 'Koningin Wilhelmina' (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1890 till 1948 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as ' Koninkrijk der Nederlanden')
- In The Netherlands , there was from March 8, 1926 to August 10, 1929 the cabinet De Geer I, with Jonkheer mr. D.J. de Geer (CHU) as prime minister.
- In the year 1928: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 8 million citizens.
- Major riot during a wharf strike in Port Adelaide involving up 4,000 waterside workers
- Sweden begins a tradition of eating Gustavus Adolphus pastries to commemorate the king.
- The Law on the Adoption and Implementation of the Turkish Alphabet, replacing the version of the Arabic alphabet previously used, comes into force in Turkey.