Timeline Wilhelmina Elisabeth de Kleijn
Drag the timetable to go back or further in time (or use l and r). Click on the names for more info.
About the surname De Kleijn
Historical context (based on day of marriage August 29, 1928)
- The temperature on August 29, 1928 was between 11.4 °C and 23.0 °C and averaged 16.5 °C. There was 0.5 mm of rain. There was 6.0 hours of sunshine (43%). The average windspeed was 2 Bft (weak wind) and was prevailing from the southwest. Source: KNMI (weather station De Bilt/The Netherlands)
- 'Koningin Wilhelmina' (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1890 till 1948 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as ' Koninkrijk der Nederlanden')
- In The Netherlands , there was from March 8, 1926 to August 10, 1929 the cabinet De Geer I, with Jonkheer mr. D.J. de Geer (CHU) as prime minister.
- In the year 1928: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 8 million citizens.
- Release of the animated short Steamboat Willie, the first fully synchronized sound cartoon, directed by Walt Disney and Ub Iwerks, featuring the third appearances of cartoon characters Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse. This is also considered by the Disney corporation to be Mickey's birthday.
- Juan de la Cierva makes the first autogyro crossing of the English Channel.
- The "Prelature of the Holy Cross and the Work of God", commonly known as Opus Dei, is founded by Saint Josemaría Escrivá.