- The temperature on January 4, 1929 was between -3 °C and -0.2 °C and averaged -1.1 °C. There was 1.1 hours of sunshine (14%). The average windspeed was 4 Bft (moderate breeze) and was prevailing from the east-northeast. Source: KNMI
- Koningin Wilhelmina (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1890 till 1948 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
- In The Netherlands , there was from March 8, 1926 to August 10, 1929 the cabinet De Geer I, with Jonkheer mr. D.J. de Geer (CHU) as prime minister.
- In The Netherlands , there was from August 10, 1929 to May 26, 1933 the cabinet Ruys de Beerenbrouck III, with Jonkheer mr. Ch.J.M. Ruys de Beerenbrouck (RKSP) as prime minister.
- In the year 1929: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 7.7 million citizens.
- May 1 » The 7.2 Mw Kopet Dag earthquake shakes the Iran–Turkmenistan border region with a maximum Mercalli intensity of IX (Violent), killing up to 3,800 and injuring 1,121.
- May 16 » In Hollywood, the first Academy Awards ceremony takes place.
- June 8 » Margaret Bondfield is appointed Minister of Labour. She is the first woman appointed to the Cabinet of the United Kingdom.
- August 11 » Babe Ruth becomes the first baseball player to hit 500 home runs in his career with a home run at League Park in Cleveland, Ohio.
- October 3 » The Kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovenes is renamed to Yugoslavia by King Alexander I.
- October 18 » The Judicial Committee of the Privy Council overrules the Supreme Court of Canada in Edwards v. Canada when it declares that women are considered "Persons" under Canadian law.
Tip: herlaad deze pagina voor een nieuwe selectie van gebeurtenissen vanuit Wikipedia.
The publication Stamboom Van de Ven
has been compiled by Geert van Vugt
When copying data from this family tree, please include a reference to the origin:
Geert van Vugt, "Stamboom Van de Ven", database, Genealogy Online (https://www.genealogieonline.nl/stamboom-van-de-ven-orthen/I27883.php : accessed September 28, 2022), "Walthera Anna Theresia van Gaal (????-1929)".