Timeline Jan de Gooijer
Drag the timetable to go back or further in time (or use l and r). Click on the names for more info.
About the surname De Gooijer
Historical context (based on day of marriage January 5, 1867)
- The temperature on January 5, 1867 was about -3.5 °C. The air pressure was 1 kgf/m2 and came mainly from the south east. The airpressure was 77 cm mercury. The atmospheric humidity was 96%. Source: KNMI (weather station Utrecht/The Netherlands)
- 'Koning Willem III' (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1849 till 1890 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as ' Koninkrijk der Nederlanden')
- From June 1, 1866 till June 4, 1868 the Netherlands had a cabinet Van Zuijlen van Nijevelt - Heemskerk with the prime ministers Mr. J.P.J.A. graaf Van Zuijlen van Nijevelt (AR) and Mr. J. Heemskerk Azn. (conservatief).
- In the year 1867: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 4 million citizens.
- The 15th and last Shogun of the Tokugawa shogunate resigns in Japan.
- At Tremont Temple in Boston, British author Charles Dickens gives his first public reading in the United States.
- United States takes possession of Alaska after purchasing it from Russia for $7.2 million. Celebrated annually in the state as Alaska Day.