Timeline Jan Langewis
Click on the names for more info.
About the surname Langewis
- View the information that Genealogie Online has about the surname Langewis.
- Check the information Open Archives has about Langewis.
- Check the Wie (onder)zoekt wie? register to see who is (re)searching Langewis.
- The temperature on June 3, 1880 was about 13.4 °C. There was 6 mm of rain. The airpressure was 75 cm mercury. The atmospheric humidity was 95%. Source: KNMI
- Koning Willem III (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1849 till 1890 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
- In The Netherlands , there was from August 20, 1879 to April 23, 1883 the cabinet Van Lijnden van Sandenburg, with Mr. C.Th. baron Van Lijnden van Sandenburg (conservatief-AR) as prime minister.
- In the year 1880: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 4.0 million citizens.
- May 13 » In Menlo Park, New Jersey, Thomas Edison performs the first test of his electric railway.
- June 7 » War of the Pacific: The Battle of Arica, the assault and capture of Morro de Arica (Arica Cape), ends the Campaña del Desierto (Desert Campaign).
- June 24 » First performance of O Canada at the Congrès national des Canadiens-Français. The song would later become the national anthem of Canada.
- June 29 » France annexes Tahiti, renaming the independent Kingdom of Tahiti as "Etablissements de français de l'Océanie".
- July 27 » Second Anglo-Afghan War: Battle of Maiwand: Afghan forces led by Mohammad Ayub Khan defeat the British Army in battle near Maiwand, Afghanistan.
- September 16 » The Cornell Daily Sun prints its first issue in Ithaca, New York. The Sun is the United States' oldest, continuously-independent college daily.
- The temperature on November 3, 1914 was between 7.7 °C and 15.6 °C and averaged 11.1 °C. There was 2.4 hours of sunshine (25%). The average windspeed was 3 Bft (moderate breeze) and was prevailing from the south-southeast. Source: KNMI
- Koningin Wilhelmina (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1890 till 1948 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
- In The Netherlands , there was from August 29, 1913 to September 9, 1918 the cabinet Cort van der Linden, with Mr. P.W.A. Cort van der Linden (liberaal) as prime minister.
- In the year 1914: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 6.2 million citizens.
- May 29 » The Ocean liner RMSEmpress of Ireland sinks in the Gulf of Saint Lawrence with the loss of 1,012 lives.
- June 23 » Mexican Revolution: Pancho Villa takes Zacatecas from Victoriano Huerta.
- August 2 » The German occupation of Luxembourg during World War I begins.
- August 4 » In response to the German invasion of Belgium, Belgium and the British Empire declare war on Germany. The United States declares its neutrality.
- August 28 » World War I: The Royal Navy defeats the German fleet in the Battle of Heligoland Bight.
- December 15 » World War I: The Serbian Army recaptures Belgrade from the invading Austro-Hungarian Army.
When copying data from this family tree, please include a reference to the origin:
Maria Vos-Blekemolen, "Stamboom Raven, Blaricum", database, Genealogy Online (https://www.genealogieonline.nl/stamboom-raven-blaricum/I3246.php : accessed June 13, 2021), "Jan Langewis (1835-1914)".